20 – 60 MINS
You can run this activity in a variety of ways, depending on the facilities you have available and how long you want it to last. Pick one or more of the lists below or make your own –
- Email lists out to parents and get them to send back an image.
- Post to your section’s facebook group one item at a time – give them 5 minutes to find them items.
- Post a complete list to your section’s facebook group – give them a fixed time to find them items.
- Section video call and give them one item at a time to find.
You could give bonus points for unique items.
There is some further advice on running programme’s at home here.
Indoor Scavenger Hunt
- Find a fork
- Find something that is red
- Find a tissue box
- Find 3 things that have wheels
- Find an orange crayon
- Find something that is very soft
- Find a plaster
- Find a key
- Find 2 socks that match
- Find something round
- Find a sticker
- Find a rubber band
- Find a pair of glasses
- Find an envelope
Rainbow Scavenger Hunt
- Find something Red
- Find something Yellow
- Find something Orange
- Find something Green
- Find something Blue
- Find something Purple
- Name a fruit that is Red
- Name an animal that is Yellow
- Name a vegetable that is orange
- Name a plant that is green
- Name a flower that is purple
- Name something outside that is blue
Maths Scavenger Hunt
- Find 2 pencils and 1 blue crayon. How many items do you have now?
- Find 5 blocks and 2 pennies. How many items do you have now? Take away 3 blocks. How many items are left?
- Find 4 socks and 2 stuffed animals. How many items do you have all together?
- Find 8 raisins. Eat 4 of them. How many are left?
- Find 3 spoons, 4 books and 1 orange crayon. How many items do you have wall together?
Books Scavenger Hunt
- Find an animal in a book
- Find the word spring in a book
- Find someone helping someone else in a book
- Find a picture of the Sun in a book
- Find a book that makes you laugh.
- Find a bug in a book
- Find someone sleeping in a book
- Find a pet in a book
- Find a cat in a book
- Find the first letter of your name in a book title
- Find a superhero in a book
- Find a bike in a book
Make your own
Make your own list of items they may have at home. You could make it more interesting by getting them to make things!