HOME HELP ACTIVITY BADGE
This badge often proves very popular with parents, while helping give Cubs the essential Skills for Life.
- Post to your section’s facebook group or email to your parents.
- Cubs can then following the activities and work with their families to complete their tasks.
- Parents can then email the record sheet back to you or update via OSM.
1. Plan, cook and serve a simple one-course meal.
2. Wash up afterwards.
Show how to clean a saucepan or other cooking utensils, cutlery and glasses. You could use a dishwasher for this step, including loading and unloading it.
3. Help sort out the washing. Load and unload the washing machine.
4. Iron at least two items.
They could be things like pillowcases, t-shirts or trousers.
5. Sew on a button.
6. Help to clean and tidy a living room.
7. Clean at least two items in your home.
They could be things like a basin or kitchen cupboard, silverware or brass.
8. Take sheets, pillow covers and the duvet cover off a bed and help to put clean ones on. Make your own bed for a week.
Here is the record sheet, you can also ask for photo evidence of the tasks being taken – Home Help Record Sheet