This is the basic information that all adults in Scouting need to know. It briefly covers the Fundamentals of Scouting, the key policies of The Scouts and the support available to adults in Scouting. It is important that you receive this training as early as possible. A variety of delivery methods, including distance learning methods, are available.
- Purpose, Values and Method of The Scouts (the Fundamentals of Scouting)
- Policy, Organisation and Rules (POR)
- The Scouts’ Child Protection Policy and your role in protecting young people from harm
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- The Safety Policy and your role in keeping Scouting safe
- Support available to help you in your Scouting role
CHANGE OF ROLE
Revalidation of this version of Essential Information is not required for any change in role.
- Sorry, there are currently no sessions planned for this module.
CHECK YOUR KNOWLEDGE & VALIDATION CRITERIA
To check your knowledge or to view the validation criteria please view the module pages in the Adult’s Personal File for Section Leaders which can be viewed or downloaded on the main Scouts website.
Additional resources can be found on the module 01 pages on the main Scouts website.
Should you require any of the information contained within these pages in an alternative format, please contact the Training Team.